Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 13, 2010

I'm actually posting this a little late, but I couldn't get my husband off the computer. I guess he's brushing up on his PhotoShop skills and was completely engrossed in a tutorial.

I finished THE COLLECTOR by John Fowles today. I enjoyed this one very much as it not only looked into the mind of the "collector", but also the "collected" girl. The author writes from the 'collectors' viewpoint for the first portion of the story, then retells it again in the second section from the 'collected' girl's point of view. Then the third section is the finale, so to speak. It was an interesting way to present this type of story and, as I posted before, this novel is considered the first modern psychological thriller.

Fowles makes the reader go from liking to disliking both the collector and the girl which is something I enjoy in a story like this. It has echoes of Silence of the Lambs along with some hints of Stephen King's Misery. Another recommended read!

Well, I'm off to bed now. I wish I could say that I was reading some "nicer" material next, but IN COLD BLOOD is calling to me. Scary huh?

4 books read
997 to go

Good Night and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment