Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010

After staying up very late into the morning, I woke up bright and early today with another headache, but by 11am I was much better and I managed to slog through my "Professional Resume" for my Management class.

I really thought this was going to be one of the easiest assignments. I mean I've written resumes before, but they were always for my previous life as an Auto Claims Adjuster (yuck). I started to write and hit a blank as I have very little experience in actual library jobs and I had to find things that I have done that would make me a viable candidate. All told it took me about 2 1/2 hrs to finish the job and then I had to get ready to make my weekly visit to mom.

We went out for Thai food and while I came home very happy in my tummy, I was too tired to finish the next book I am reading.

I am about 1/2 through UNLESS by Carol Shields, a happier read than the ones in the past couple of days. I was really looking forward to this one as I LOVE Shields' Pulitzer Prize Novel-THE STONE DIARIES which is also on the list. While I am liking this one, I am not enjoying it as much as I had expected, but I will wait until the end to give a final verdict.

By the way, if anyone is wondering how I am getting through these novels so fast, it is because I have happened upon some shorter novels. I don't think I will be quite as fast when Dickens and Tolstoy rolls around.

Until tomorrow, Good Night and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment