Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20, 2010

The last couple of days have been a blur as I finish some class assignments. I didn't post on Sunday figuring that I could just catch up on Monday, but then I had a long day of work and decided to just lay down for a little while last night and did not wake up until this morning. Oh well, ces't la vie!

Anyway, I haven't read too much in the last couple of days blogwise, but I did manage to finish YOUTH by J.M. Coetzee. I have read this author before and while I like his style, I am not in love with his stories. This one was a coming of age story of a young man from South Africa (apparently it is a continuation of BOYHOOD). I found the protagonist to be a little too chauvinistic for my taste. I liked the fact that he wanted to be an "artist", learning all there was to know about poetry and art, but I did not like his attitude that the only art comes from certain place. I guess that was what Coetzee was trying to show in his character's youth, but it just did not play well with me. Coetzee is a fine author, that puts the reader into his character's minds and lives, I guess I just didn't want to be in this particular life.

I will strive to keep up with my daily posts from now on, but with the last couple weeks of the semester ahead, I may lose a day or so here and there.

8 BOOKS READ
993 TO GO

Until tomorrow, Good Day and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment