Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 21, 2010

A very happy Spring morning to all. It's funny because while the week leading up to today has been warm and sunny, today is blustery and rainy. I love California weather!

The book finished for today is THE LAMBS OF LONDON by Peter Ackroyd. It tells the fictionalised story (based upon true event) of deception revolving around Shakespeare and a descent to madness in Victorian England. At first I thought the story was a bit dull, but as I read I found it to grow to quite a tight and entertaining mystery. If you know the history, the facts will be plain, but Ackroyd's prose makes this novel well worth the read. It has also lead me to want to read Ackroyd's biography of Shakespeare which tells the true tale.

I have so much to do this week that I am glad the weather is so gloomy. On my todo list is a final Classification list of terms, an answer to an essay question, a review of a peer, a Professional Association review, and some editing of a final project video. Who says a librarian's job is merely to "Shush!" customers and shelve books?

I also hope to start another of the 1001 books, so no more time to talk, until tomorrow...

9 BOOKS READ
992 TO GO

Good Morning and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment