Friday, April 9, 2010

One down a thousand to go...

I was able to get through NORTHANGER ABBEY by Jane Austin in one night, which is my normal reading speed (about a book a day). I loved getting back to language that takes an entire paragraph to discuss the weather that morning. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it sure is mine.

I have always loved this story as it shows what Austin was like in her beginning days. All of the talk about novels and women and trying to make it look like what she was doing had meaning. It is sad to think that she never really knew exactly how a large a literary figure she would become, and with only six books. Actually, I believe they have found a seventh, but I haven't read it yet.

I think I will read a newer novel next, but not sure what. Tune in tomorrow and I'll tell you what I decided upon. As for now...

Good Night and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment