Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010


THE MALTESE FALCON by Dashiell Hammett

This is the book that wrote the rules for the hard-boiled detective and the women that surround him. I have read quite a few "noir" type mysteries, but I will admit that I enjoyed this one more than most. Hammett's descriptions are juicy and rich and his character's are alive on the page. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to try out the genre as it is a classic. I will say that the mystery itself was not that interesting "in my opinion" but I wanted to know where the characters were going in the story and that kept me reading.

I managed to get started in my new space and now I can focus on reading a bit more than I was able to last week. Next I am going to read an advance reading copy that I got through Book Browse. My review will be on my other blog if you are interested. I will be back in a couple days with my next "1001" book.

20 Books Read
981 to go!!

Until then, Good Night and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment