Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010


CITY OF GOD by E.L. Doctorow
This 'story' start with a bang, the big bang, and goes on to try to cover and novelist's return to writing, a Holocaust survivor's story, and a mystery involving thefts in a church and synagogue. If it sounds convoluted, it is and I wish I could say that the writer was able to mix all of these stories into an interesting read...he didn't. I hate to say it, but after reading the novel I couldn't really remember all of the details. I think there was too much going on and not enough of any one story to make the entire novel cohesive. I really do not know why this one is on "the list". I guess some might find the fragmentary style interesting, I just found it irritating.

23 Books Read
978 To Go!

Until next time, Good Night and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment